Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Thieving Restaurants of Ouarzazate

Ouarzazate is small city in the southeast of Morocco, known as a gateway to the desert and as the filming location of numerous movies. It’s also known as a quieter, calmer city.

Unfortunately, however, one thing that most tourist guides fail to mention is the billing practices at the local restaurants.

During my time here, I ate at two restaurants and each time I was charged considerably more than the menu price. The first time, it surprised me, and I paid and tried to forget. (Hasn’t worked.)

The second time, I questioned the waiter; he returned most of the overcharged money, but with a somewhat surly attitude. 

Sheesh, they were already making a good profit off of me…

On the bright side, however, the olives were excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment